My attempt at being creative
I always thought that I am a creative person (the conventional definition of fine arts) and hence whenever got an opportunity tried to dabble in them, but never really met with success.As a kid I was fascinated by flute, always wondering how a hollow piece of wood with holes can create such sweet music. Thanks to Remo's popularity and Anand/Milind flute tunes, I decided I would learn flute some day. As years passed by (15 years to be precise, I am 33 now) I was pre-occupied pursuing education, career, jobs so on. It was not until I had to move to Bangalore from Pune, did my inner creative desire to learn flute surfaced. I had moved to a new Job and hence surprisingly found a lot of spare time on hand, especially being in a new city hardly had any friends or acquaintances which added to my energies being directed toward learning flute (besides the fact I was engaged and my in laws side had dancers, singers, musicians to boast of). Now Bangalore being an artistic city, I got hold of a coaching class, which taught flute. The person told me that they teach carnatic music, I was okay as long as it was a flute. So here I go dressed in Kurta (if not actual at least appearance wise, I should look creative), I entered the class. The first reality check was that, the master gave me a flute which I had to hold side ways (la Pt Hari Prasad Charusia) and not vertical ( thanks to my exposure to fairs / road side vendors). Then the next 30 mins was a struggle between blowing and keeping the fingers in sync with the holes. The master gave me some notes and asked me to practice early morning. Charged with this newfound enthusiasm, I diligently wrote down the notes and started to practice early morning from 6 am to 7 am at our office guesthouse. In spite of my repeated and sincere efforts the flute was refusing to heed to my request. After one month of session , the maximum I had progressed was that I could now hold the flute and blow (thereî–¸ a specific way you have to blow) and I inventing my own ragas in the process. Added to this were small kids probably 5 times younger than me playing sweet music. But that didn't dampen my spirits and I was adamant to learn the flute come what may. There was also this self-generated pressure as my in-laws were pleased to know that their future son in law is also learning music. But then somethinghappened... We were staying in the company guesthouse and one of my colleagues wanted to move to a different room as he complained to the caretaker that the windows are faulty and when the breeze blows an irritating sound comes, especially in the mornings. The caretaker promised to check that as he was sure that nobody else had complained before. My colleague casually asked me whether I have heard those sound and whether my room windows are fine. That when I realized that it better to be silent and once and for all forget all about this creativeness. I let my mind rule over the heart. Now a days When ever I open the cupboard I see that flute and have this inherent desire (" Kida for mumbaites") to start all this once over all again, but then.?
29 Comments:
Hi,
Met your in-laws yesterday in Pune. Am Shalini's II cousin.
-V.
Hi Mukund,
Just happened to get to ur blog, and the flute story was very interesting , of uncompleted dreams and desires .
I liked it.
Well how did I reach here, I was trying to find if your movie were available on net, but its not yet :( ,
anyways was happy to read your blog.
I too have one - http://anotheryoungster.blogspot.com
cheers,
Bhupinder (bALLI)
Of late many of my friends have taken up their passions like keyboard again and are learning in the same class as young kids(they feel exactly as you do - the kids play like experts while my friends grapple with the instrument :) ) yet, every dream is worth following (you know so much better than any of us...the movies got their due...the flute should too)...very nice post. Meanwhile, I gave up on my guitar for some reason...I think I will go back to it too...
hi,
can you give contact details of flute teacher?
Giri
dating tall married women [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]triathlete singles[/url] talking to teens about dating for the divorce parents http://loveepicentre.com/ bj thomas singles
calgary 32nd ave ne auto audio store [url=http://www.cardvdplanet.com/15-inch-tft-lcd-touchscreen-dvd-with-vga--discount-price99.html]videovisor auto dvd visor[/url] aams auto audio mastering system http://www.cardvdplanet.com/1-din-large-screen-online-store5.html oem car audio ford taurus
aams auto audio mastering system [url=http://www.cardvdplanet.com/files/products/images_ph24f_53.jpg]beststuff fuel car dvd ipod vacation houseboat lake[/url] honda accord car audio forum http://www.cardvdplanet.com/7-inch-car-dvd-with-touch--discount-price102.html auto audio systems
auto dvd [url=http://www.cardvdplanet.com/11-5-inch-car-video-amp-navigation-diagonal--discount-price79.html]car audio equipment for gmc[/url] beststuff fuel car dvd ipod vacation houseboat lake http://www.cardvdplanet.com/6-95-inch-16-10-tft-high-digital-screen-wince--discount-price40.html audiovox auto dvd
canadian turkish tea [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/men-s-health.htm]men s health[/url] make money selling gum http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/imodium.htm how to write an exercise prescription http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/benicar.htm
anne arundel county medical center [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/pain-relief.htm]pain relief[/url] medical school loans scholarships [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/c.htm]new patient free zoom whitening gahanna ohio[/url]
http://rxonline.in/osteoporosis/most-common-fracture-osteoporosis
[url=http://rxonline.in/zocor/zocor-inhibition]nevanac is this drug used for pink eye[/url] teenage drug statistics in the uk [url=http://rxonline.in/prostatitis/bactrim-for-prostatitis]bactrim for prostatitis[/url]
simvastatin drug side effects http://rxonline.in/linezolid/linezolid-dose-children
[url=http://rxonline.in/linezolid/pain-from-taking-linezolid]texas drug coyote[/url] levitra and grapefruit [url=http://rxonline.in/overdose/fluoxetine-overdose-and-tardive-parkinsonism]fluoxetine overdose and tardive parkinsonism[/url]
prescription drug information canada htm http://rxonline.in/procardia/procardia-xe
[url=http://rxonline.in/hypnotherapy]drug and alcohol testing and routine inspections[/url] buying prescription drugs online [url=http://rxonline.in/zyrtec/zyrtec-effect]zyrtec effect[/url] anti leptic drugs [url=http://rxonline.in/procardia/procardia-and-antacids]procardia and antacids[/url]
http://www.tenesperanza.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6398 http://www.outsourcinginasia.com/forum/index.php?topic=208124.new#new http://famac.icaremalaysia.org/rmp5/index.php?topic=170491.new#new http://forum.sakaix.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96852
http://forum.charismaarts.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=10449 http://www.aaguild.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=112147 http://ollybroad.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43082 http://www.buresa.co.th/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=107976
http://www.srikrungbroker.co.th/Webboard1/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=160753 http://www.bladerman.com/bladerman.php?site=forum_viewtopic.php&id=101&submenu=forum&phpsessid=&PHPSESSID=2coh8ti8r7aedftb96nmpoivn6 http://www.autoelectronic.az/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3675
http://healthboard.in/dexamethasone/dexamethasone-glucose
[url=http://healthboard.in/diamox/side-effects-of-diamox-sequel]gehring pharmacy cincinnati ohio[/url] number of managed care pharmacy [url=http://healthboard.in/cytotec/dose-of-cytotec-for-postpartum-hemmorhage]dose of cytotec for postpartum hemmorhage[/url]
drugs for pregnant women http://healthboard.in/buspar/using-buspar-in-labradors
[url=http://healthboard.in/budesonide/mixing-budesonide-and-duoneb]paypal cialis[/url] juvenile drug stats [url=http://healthboard.in/colchicine/colchicine-cell-assay]colchicine cell assay[/url]
christian based drug rehabs in houston http://healthboard.in/depressive/anxiety-depressive-disorder-mixed
[url=http://healthboard.in/buspirone/buspirone-mirtazapine]nuclear medicine radio isotope[/url] drug detox timeframes [url=http://healthboard.in/cyclophosphamide/imuran-cyclophosphamide]imuran cyclophosphamide[/url] ringworm drugs [url=http://healthboard.in/diabetic/five-stages-of-diabetic-nephropathy]five stages of diabetic nephropathy[/url]
http://xws.in/dutasteride/avodart-dutasteride
[url=http://xws.in/acai/where-can-i-buy-acai]sick stomach medicine phineagrin[/url] history of hallucinating drugs [url=http://xws.in/acidity/acidity-analysis-method]acidity analysis method[/url]
clopidogrel erectile dysfunction http://xws.in/amlodipine/amlodipino-amlodipine-norvasc
[url=http://xws.in/aleve/what-is-aleve-made-of]drug abuse in jamaican schools[/url] over the counter fertility drugs [url=http://xws.in/doxycycline/doxycycline-flagyl]doxycycline flagyl[/url]
dysfunction erectile hormone therapy http://xws.in/aceon/generic-names-for-accupril-40mg
[url=http://xws.in/divalproex/novo-divalproex]subpoena health records ohio[/url] sex and drug lyrics [url=http://xws.in/duloxetine/duloxetine-for-stess-urinary-incontinence-mechanism]duloxetine for stess urinary incontinence mechanism[/url] medicine hat tongue on the post [url=http://xws.in/amlodipine/amlodipine-benaz]amlodipine benaz[/url]
http://meen.in/clavulanate/clavulanate-and-g6pddef
[url=http://meen.in/clavulanate/amoxicillin-and-clavulanate-acid]ativan drug test narcotic[/url] drug awareness activities [url=http://meen.in/ceftin/cefuroxime-ceftin]cefuroxime ceftin[/url]
gumamela as medicine http://meen.in/flurbiprofen/flurbiprofen-eye-drops
[url=http://meen.in/femara/what-does-femara-do-during-iui]cialis 20mg[/url] pharmacy recommendations drug allergies [url=http://meen.in/felodipine/felodipine-dosage]felodipine dosage[/url]
health care benefit packages in canada http://meen.in/ceftin/cefuroxime-ceftin
[url=http://meen.in/flonase/flonase-levitra-metrogel-metrogel-myonlinemeds-biz]prenatal drug use[/url] viagra cialas levitra comparison [url=http://meen.in/ergotamine]ergotamine[/url] athletes and drugs history [url=http://meen.in/cipro/cipro-online]cipro online[/url]
http://alwayshealth.in/orgasm/masturbation-ejaculation-orgasm-techniques
[url=http://alwayshealth.in/stress-types/stress-management-and-college-students-and-counselor-resources]what is the drug silvia[/url] propo drug abreviation [url=http://alwayshealth.in/pravastatin/pravastatin-lovastatin-med]pravastatin lovastatin med[/url]
drug bust cabrini green http://alwayshealth.in/prednisone/taking-prednisone-with-insulin
[url=http://alwayshealth.in/pravastatin/pravastatin-side-affects]beating nicatine drug test[/url] free math problems for pharmacy technicians online [url=http://alwayshealth.in/the-pill/meridian-weight-loss-pill]meridian weight loss pill[/url]
generic cialis http://alwayshealth.in/infection/stint-eye-infection
[url=http://alwayshealth.in/hearts/kristi-nichols-heart]mental health stuart florida[/url] cialis forum cialis pharmacy [url=http://alwayshealth.in/ocd/ocd-constant-movement-needed]ocd constant movement needed[/url] how drugs affect metabolism [url=http://alwayshealth.in/smoking/free-no-smoking-printable-sign]free no smoking printable sign[/url]
apple valley travel http://wikitravel.in/car-rental/enterprise-car-rental-pheonix-az nh to fl travel packages
[url=http://wikitravel.in/disneyland/walt-disney-haunted-disneyland]quick drying underwear for travel[/url] vail travel newspapers [url=http://wikitravel.in/tour/adelaide-nightclub-bus-tour]adelaide nightclub bus tour[/url]
travel companions web site http://wikitravel.in/tourism/long-beach-island-tourism
[url=http://wikitravel.in/flight/pan-am-flight-that-made-the-first-trans-pacific-airmail-flight]darien gap travel[/url] alberta travel trailers [url=http://wikitravel.in/motel/sea-horse-motel-key-west]sea horse motel key west[/url]
oklahoma travel guide http://wikitravel.in/motel/sea-horse-motel-key-west travel sentry certified combination lock [url=http://wikitravel.in/expedia/expedia-local-expert]expedia local expert[/url]
aerosole shoes http://topcitystyle.com/gucci-casual-shirts-brand12.html rugged shark boat shoes [url=http://topcitystyle.com/?action=products&product_id=2471]photoes of chanel[/url] vintage christian dior bags
http://topcitystyle.com/52-sport-zip-jacket-and-pants-size3.html shoes for tall women [url=http://topcitystyle.com/ed-hardy-tiger-boxers-for-men-black-item1402.html]hichcock shoes[/url]
dental ce course travel http://xwa.in/lufthansa/embraer-175-portugalia travel lodge orlando
[url=http://xwa.in/hotel/adobe-hotel-yahatchts]travel agent italy seattle[/url] bali komodo travel [url=http://xwa.in/flight/flight-chronograph]flight chronograph[/url]
plush travel buddy with backpack by skm http://xwa.in/maps/wc3-maps
[url=http://xwa.in/flight/skywest-flight-details]complaints special t travel company[/url] uk rail travel from ealing broadway to luton airport [url=http://xwa.in/inn/westchester-inn-westchester-il]westchester inn westchester il[/url]
orlando holiday travel solicitors http://xwa.in/cruises/alaska-cruises-rating-htm governmet travel card removal from service [url=http://xwa.in/adventure/history-of-modern-adventure-novel]history of modern adventure novel[/url]
girls plus size clothes http://luxefashion.us/beige-leather-shoes-color5.html bragano shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/a-m-n-madness-national-on-sale-brand55.html]raising chaneleons[/url] scarlett o hara gone with the wind costume designer walter plunkett
http://luxefashion.us/?action=products&product_id=2327 keen clearance shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/-swim-sport-shorts-on-sale-category89.html]stain removal from clothes[/url]
martys shoes http://www.thefashionhouse.us/pink-roberto-cavalli-color10.html fashion design schools [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/navy-blue-casual-shirts-color21.html]fashion job dallas[/url] fashion designer food network
http://www.thefashionhouse.us/versace-jeans-for-men-dark-blue-item2139.html game designer [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/black-pants-color2.html]disney clothes[/url]
nurse practioners and health centers [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/furosemide.htm]furosemide[/url] cvs pharmacy houston http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/acticin.htm
creatine raise blood glucose [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/hyzaar.htm]hyzaar[/url] chelstor for high cholesterol [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/h.htm ]resume dental hygienist [/url] pills shabbos
male penis enhancer underware [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/lukol.htm]lukol[/url] asthma and sirpollution http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/furosemide.htm
science activities blood [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/sleeping-aide.htm]sleeping aide[/url] m4m prostate massage [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/aristocort.htm ]free porn sleeping girl fucked [/url] deaconess medical center in seattle wa
fashion designer jobs http://www.thefashionhouse.us/gucci-sandals-brand12.html wide width platform shoes sale [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/dress-shirts-page5.html]magazine fashion[/url] arley home fashions
http://www.thefashionhouse.us/-maxi-skirt-roberto-cavalli-category100.html quotes on big shoes to fill [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/white-yellow-women-s-tops-color207.html]duty on shoes entering englad from china[/url]
grammy fashion india irie http://luxefashion.us/women-round-neck-type3.html munro shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/navy-blue-polo-shirts-color21.html]designers[/url] free dog clothes pattern
http://luxefashion.us/54-outwear-size9.html timberlland shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/philipp-plein-dressy-tops-brand31.html]stray cats brian setzer goodie two shoes[/url]
yoga for stress [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/maxaman.htm]maxaman[/url] multiple dental implants and crowns http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/zyban.htm
medical origins [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/innopran-xl.htm]innopran xl[/url] men managing stress [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/valtrex.htm ]free female intercourse to orgasm videos [/url] how to increase health of items in garrys mod
dental hygenists in lee county [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/viagrx.htm]viagrx[/url] holistic medicine audra california http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/retin-a-0-05-.htm
bbq smoke pellets [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/lisinopril.htm]lisinopril[/url] vaginal odor before period [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/cok-n--energy-and-sensory-enhancer-.htm ]allergic to cats medicnine [/url] health administration career 20
lauren graham nude http://www.thefashionhouse.us/fred-mello-brand105.html designer perfect brushes [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/yellow-lilac-roberto-cavalli-color196.html]vikings clothes[/url] designer simpson
http://www.thefashionhouse.us/cappalo-on-sale-brand79.html fashion house soap [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/black-women-s-tops-color2.html]goldfish shoes[/url]
wisconsin lottery and child support http://xwn.in/casino-online_how-to-win-on-casino-game-machines samsung blackjack mod hack
[url=http://xwn.in/betting_william-hill-online-betting]lottery camelot[/url] wm6 for samsung blackjack [url=http://xwn.in/roulette_okie-roulette]okie roulette[/url]
casino in nederland http://xwn.in/keno_play-keno-not-gambling
[url=http://xwn.in/online-casino_schenectady-new-york-casino]carrum downs bingo[/url] samsung blackjack help phone [url=http://xwn.in/online-casino_indian-casino-and-maryland]indian casino and maryland[/url]
gambling additcions http://xwn.in/joker_joker-marchant-stadium sport betting spreads [url=http://xwn.in/slot_best-slot-machine-game-ever]best slot machine game ever[/url]
free bonus bingo http://wqm.in/betting_sport-book-betting-tips pictures of a joker
[url=http://wqm.in/roulette_number-of-spaces-on-a-roulette-wheel]electric bingo game[/url] casinos and california [url=http://wqm.in/blackjack_current-blackjack-news]current blackjack news[/url]
virginia couple who wins lottery http://wqm.in/lottery_lottery-ticket-given-away-as-a-gift
[url=http://wqm.in/online-casinos_dealer-schools-for-indiana-casinos]ny lottery drawing[/url] keith hall keno [url=http://wqm.in/lottery_barbados-lottery-ticket]barbados lottery ticket[/url]
knoxville casinos http://wqm.in/betting_betting-line-2007-formula-one-race-brasil what to do if you win lottery [url=http://wqm.in/jokers_bb8-and-jokers]bb8 and jokers[/url]
breastfeeding genital herpes [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/himcolin.htm]himcolin[/url] health factores in physical fitness http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/xenical.htm herpes transmission mouth lip http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/viagra-soft-flavoured.htm
the negative calorie diet ebook windows pdf version [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/minocin.htm]minocin[/url] embarrassing medical exam stories [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/rogaine-5-.htm]heart mongers[/url]
gwinnett movie cinema [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_wide_open_spaces/]wide open spaces[/url] skyscraper the movie http://moviestrawberry.com/genres/incredible_variety_of_films/?page=31 snows of kilimanjaro movie
saw movie reviews [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_blancaflor_la_hija_del_diablo/]blancaflor la hija del diablo[/url] kenny movie http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_final_chapter_walking_tall/ futurama the movie
hostile movie [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_outlanders/]outlanders[/url] my first sex teacher devon michaels free movie online
movie 40yr old virgin [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_young_guns_ii/]young guns ii[/url] movie release when harry met sally http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_enter_the_dragon/ movie ordinary people synopsis
movie why did i get married [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_leap_of_faith_1992/]leap of faith 1992[/url] movie free money http://moviestrawberry.com/countries/?page=11 kung fu movie haveing sex
faye dunaway tommy lee jones movie [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_the_day_the_earth_stood_still/]the day the earth stood still[/url] tony leung movie clips http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_phantom_racer/ movie industry jobs
the invasion new movie [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_chaos_70/]chaos 70[/url] movie trailer shall we dance http://moviestrawberry.com/hqmoviesbyyear/year_1995_high-quality-movies/?page=2 movie theaters rochester new york
nudity movie guide [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_critters/]critters[/url] movie warehouse
bridget jones diary movie [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_pursuit_to_algiers/]pursuit to algiers[/url] the burning plain movie http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_anne_of_green_gables_the_continuing_story/ tiffany teen hardcore movie
mission xtreme in action movie [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film__crocodile_dundee_ii/] crocodile dundee ii[/url] ben stiller movie http://moviestrawberry.com/hqmoviesbygenres/download-genre_crime-movies/?page=27 twelve angry men movie
one of the best teaser i ever seen, loved that boomerang....
Post a Comment
<< Home