Mahatma Gandhi
Well I was wondering which topic should I start first with, so thought why not write about my role model Mahatma Gandhi. In todays world it looks stupid and also embarassing if one says that he like the Mahatma, for the simple reason that he is looked upon a person who broke India and gave millions to our arch enemy Pakistan. He is valued more in the print form than as a person. So let me tell you why I think he is a great person. If you look at history you will numerous leaders who used violence as their weapon to wage war for whatever cause they would be fighting. Be it Hitler, Mussolini of the past or be it Saddam, Bush, Osama of this era, it has always been that might is right. It is natural and human tendency to hit back. Just imagine if some one hits you, the first reaction is to hit back, because no body wants to take things lying down. But here is a man who not only believed that one can wage WAR without weapons in a peaceful way but can also WIN that war. It is easy for one individual to believe in oneself but just imagine that millions of people believed him and fought for our independence. This is a quality that I admire in the Mahatma, no one in past could think like what he thought and lead a movement of this scale. It is easy for people of our generation to make fun of him because we haven’t experienced what that era has undergone. If he had not been such an inspiring leader why would millions of people believe in his belief? They weren’t fools. Agreed he would have made a mistake but then all of us do, probably we think of it as a grave mistake from today’s perspective, probably it was the only solution at that point of time. Why even in recent times we have seen our leaders escorting the country’s most wanted man to Kandhar in order to free 340 passengers. They are decisions that were made, they could have been right or wrong. So here I have put in brief why I idolize the Mahatma.
1 Comments:
I completely agree with the fact that today's generation does not appreciate the Mahatma's efforts because they have not experienced the same situation first hand and maybe the man is not getting the respect due to him...my uncle says the same about authors like Premchand or epics like Buniyaad (DD)...they were very contextual...nevertheless, for all that he did, there can be no other Mahatma.
Post a Comment
<< Home